Cross-platform parts that actually work in GMT400s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
There was a thread maybe a couple years ago about finding the correct release with a pickup truck's image on it. My 88 still has it's original. :biggrin:

Oh did GM use the same one for other vehicles, too? I dont think there was any difference between my original and the newer replacement I bought. I'll have to look to see what's printed on it. I need to hook up the battery charger any way.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine awhile ago. My original had an actual truck printed on it. All the replacements have a car. It’s the little things…..:Nonono:
I saved mine and will try to swap original pull onto other.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
There was a thread maybe a couple years ago about finding the correct release with a pickup truck's image on it. My 88 still has it's original. :biggrin:
I hadn't even noticed that the picture isn't a truck! Currently the Burb just has the cable end with the ball on it, sticking out of the kick panel. Looks like a bass string.... I wanted to fix it before it went to the shop, but other stuff kept getting in the way..... I think the one in Rawhide has a truck on it, but I'll look at it tomorrow. It's probably the original one though, this truck is probably 97% original parts....

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I replaced mine awhile ago. My original had an actual truck printed on it. All the replacements have a car. It’s the little things…..:Nonono:
I saved mine and will try to swap original pull onto other.

I just checked my hood release.... it's a car picture, even though it came from another truck. Given it's late manufacture, maybe GM "stream lined" the part by then and only used one part number.