Cross-platform parts that actually work in GMT400s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthState

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This may not be the exact place to post this, and a similar post may already exist, but I wanted to see if we could pool the vast experience on the forum to share tips on parts that have worked in our trucks that have come from other makes/models of vehicles. For instance we have all heard of the solid axle swap that the super hard core off road use. There are some that I think I read about somewhere, but can’t seem to find information on now:
-changing the door chime from a newer GM sedan
-wiring in the window control module from certain Camaros to have auto up feature
-knob swap from NBS and up
-I actually saw a thread somewhere that showed a center console out of a Ford Expedition
-the most recent one I’ve seen, and possibly the most wild, is a powered rear window out of a Nissan Titan! Looks very cool, but not for the novice!

What other junkyard modifications have you used with success in your projects?

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not quite as far ranging as you suggest, but that thread does exist.

NorthState

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not quite as far ranging as you suggest, but that thread does exist.

Thanks @modernbeat! Looks like I have a lot of reading ahead of me!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Which will also break soon! :D it's a crap part..

Richard
I'm working on a reinforcement for the housing, and it helps longevity of the part if you have an extra screw holding it to the body. Like GM shoulda done to begin with....
Once I get through this week and get done with the show(and get Burb back, he's the test mule for this project) I'll post updates. The one in Rawhide is okay for now....

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm working on a reinforcement for the housing, and it helps longevity of the part if you have an extra screw holding it to the body. Like GM shoulda done to begin with....
Once I get through this week and get done with the show(and get Burb back, he's the test mule for this project) I'll post updates. The one in Rawhide is okay for now....

Housing? This is the part I'm talking about.

On mine, I think the handle snapped at the pivot, but it was a few years ago.

Edit: $57 is WAAAAY to much for this.