Cowl Hoods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I like the wide cowl version of the Key Parts hood. Better proportions. Very subtle, but it makes a difference to me.
I think everything you get anymore is going to need massaging for proper fit.

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's another stupid question, anyone stand/walk on their factory hoods?
When we get snow/ice (like 2 times a year if that) even being over 6' I can't reach the middle of my windshield from the ground, so when I go to scrape the ice I just use my bullbar as a step up onto the hood, and sorta crouch down on the hood and scrape off the ice. My paint is already a 20-footer so I'm not worried about damaging it, but I've also never had it dent or cave in on me at all (220ish lbs.)
Wonder what the odds of any aftermarket/cowl hood being able to hold up well to that LOL.
I always think when I'm at work (car dealer), how would a 2021 hold up to me walking on its hood, or spartan-kicking the door closed because my hands are full of groceries.

DamHoodlum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some trucks look awesome with a cowl, some trucks it just don't work at all. Guess it depends on the style, look the owner/builder is going for .

Personally I like the cowl hoods closer to the windshield like the 67-69 Camaro's

I been thinking on grafting one into my hood when I get to paint

You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When we get snow/ice (like 2 times a year if that) even being over 6' I can't reach the middle of my windshield from the ground, so when I go to scrape the ice I just use my bullbar as a step up onto the hood, and sorta crouch down on the hood and scrape off the ice. My paint is already a 20-footer so I'm not worried about damaging it, but I've also never had it dent or cave in on me at all (220ish lbs.)
Wonder what the odds of any aftermarket/cowl hood being able to hold up well to that LOL.
I always think when I'm at work (car dealer), how would a 2021 hold up to me walking on its hood, or spartan-kicking the door closed because my hands are full of groceries.
Probably depends on if you're one of them little fellas or not. I'm not stepping on a hood for any reason.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score

Here's a different method, works on both sides.

Open the door, stand on the sill plate, lean your thigh/hip in between the cab and the door so you don't fall - boom! You can reach most of the windshield while still able to muscle your ice scraper to get off the heavy stuff.

Reaction score
IF I was to stand on my hood, ( I wont )

I would want to stand on a factory hood... my goodmark isn't flimsy but definitely would not stand on it...

Why not jump on top of the tire to clean the windshield off? not sure I've ever seen the "hop on the hood with a scraper method". Would be interesting to see in person I think.

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IF I was to stand on my hood, ( I wont )

I would want to stand on a factory hood... my goodmark isn't flimsy but definitely would not stand on it...

Why not jump on top of the tire to clean the windshield off? not sure I've ever seen the "hop on the hood with a scraper method". Would be interesting to see in person I think.

Believe me, it's VERY interesting in person LOL.

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a different method, works on both sides.

Open the door, stand on the sill plate, lean your thigh/hip in between the cab and the door so you don't fall - boom! You can reach most of the windshield while still able to muscle your ice scraper to get off the heavy stuff.
I like this, don't get snow/ice very often but I'll try this next time.
I also like the stand on tire suggestion, but that sounds like its gonna take some decent balance, and in the snow/ice I don't trust myself that much.

Maybe I should spend like $15 and get a scraper with a handle longer than 4" lmfao.