Corvette Servo DISASTER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the tranny vent tube leads to on these trucks? Mines gone and want to make a new one and route it to a good spot.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trying to put the corvette servo on the new transmission, but the servo cover on it is sooooo seized. Ive doused it with PB blaster, pryed with a pry bar, hammered with wood, hammered directly and still it wont budge or push in.

How am I supposed to get this thing out?

Is there a way for me to get this stupid lock ring back in place without pushing the servo cover? I dont even want to mess with it anymore

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah screw that, I mananged to get the lockring back in place. Not messing with it.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah it was prob seized to where it was when the lockring was on, so getting the lockring back on was simple

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
should have done while the transmission was out. usually have to smack the cover with a deadblow a dozen times and it will come off. i also usually pull the oring out the slot with a pick then cut it. makes it much easier to come out.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
should have done while the transmission was out. usually have to smack the cover with a deadblow a dozen times and it will come off. i also usually pull the oring out the slot with a pick then cut it. makes it much easier to come out.
Yeah I definitely should've before I put it in. I would've pulled the oring but it was so far back I couldnt even see it. It was stuck in the position that it's in when the lockring gets snapped in.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never tried this, but

Could a person remove the lock-ring, then start the engine and shift into gear. At some point, the fluid pressure in the servo assembly should pop the cover off...right?

Big mess, parts flying out the side of the case, but it'd disassemble itself. And with the tires up in the air instead of on the ground, no real load going through the trans to burn the band. You'd hear the "pop" of stuff flying out, and shut off the engine.

Sorta like using fluid pressure in the steering gear to pop the Pitman seals out, after removing the Pitman arm and the seal lock-ring. Messy, but effective.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I definitely should've before I put it in. I would've pulled the oring but it was so far back I couldnt even see it. It was stuck in the position that it's in when the lockring gets snapped in.
I would lower the tail of trans, remove cross member and possibly driveshaft and drop it as low as it can go with a floor jack. definitely worth doing the servo, just make sure the snap ring is seated. and clean up the area really good so the new seals dont get cut when you are pushing the servo in.