Cooling Questions - 93 4L60E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowtie_Nation

Reaction score
Well, It seems to have come time to do some slight transmission upgrades for my truck since the oil pan gasket has started to leak. For a while now ive been wanting to upgrade to an external trans cooler since I'm running 33s and will likely be doing more towing in the future. I grabbed some brackets for an external trans cooler out of a 97 Suburban, a while back just for S's + G's, with the eventual plan to install one. My question is should I go with a stock ACDelco replacement cooler for the heavy duty style cooling system or should I go for a higher capacity cooler (B&M maybe?)? For cooler lines I was planning on going with some stock delco replacements as well (if there are better options let me know.). Also planning on getting a pan with a drain plug as well, though I'm not sure whether or not I should go for a shallow or deep pan (Truck has a shallow stock), thinking of maybe getting a deep B&M pan, looking to see what people think of those.

Any Input or Reccomendations would be appreciated, thanks
~Coleton