Cooler lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! I decided I’m still going to do this project but I think I’m going to try to save a little more money so I’m not cheaping out on it. Plus hopefully it will be a little less Wintery. I think the lines I got will get me by untill then I’ll post when I get Er done

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure where in the country your located but during the winter i just put a peice of cardboard over my TruCool 40K. Gets it up to temp and even when its 30* in the morning the Trans temps will slowly get up to 130* or so on a 30 mile drive. Before the "Custom Wind Blocker" the Trans would take 10 miles or so before it was warm enough to lockup the TC and even then the Trans temps wouldnt ever get over 75*.

Hutchinson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprising you say that, I noticed my TC wouldn’t lock in till x on cold morning,.... and was wondering why. Now I know. That TruCool 40 does the trick for sure.

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man it’s been a while....BUT I finally got this done. It only took a couple hours at a leisurely pace its just been the funds for something that wasn’t necessarily broke that was the hold up....

I ended up going from the trans hardliners to an fittings with Russel pro classic line. And am very happy with it.

Just some interesting info I thought I would share.... when I finally ordered the fittings to do this I got some of the wrong ones and had to order different ones. While I was waiting on the correct fittings I put the trans cooler back to stock through the radiator and drove it to work for about a week. I also recently installed a trans temp gauge and driving it to work about 22 miles one way without the cooler the trans would get to about 160-170.

with the cooler driving to work my trans runs at 130-145 and generally runs a touch hotter going home than coming to work.

anyway thanks all for your help. Now iv got a 14 bolt sf that needs to go in and a 0411 pcm swap I want to get done hopefully soon