Coolant System Pressure Tester - Air-Powered or Hand Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Links work for me now.... crap, BOTH those are expensive. I guess I should have known, given they're Snappy.

Just checked Harbor Freight, and even their versions are pricey. This inflation garbage is getting out of hand. I'd check Amazon, I guess. This isn't something I'd put a ton of money in, unless it was going to get used a lot. I certainly don't use mine very often.
The HF one has a bunch of adapters in it IIRC, that's why I haven't bought one. Most of them aren't anything I would need....
We had a Stant one that was old, but worked fine. Had to buy an adapter for the LS screw on tank cap in the '06 truck. Unfortunately that was one of the tools that were in the apartment (long story) when it burned. As infrequently as I need one, I'll borrow the parts store's....

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up a manual style Snappy kit forever ago, pretty cheap off ebay. Worked great for years and years, then recently I discovered I needed an adapter for the GMT800's. Picked that up off ebay too, pretty cheap. If you're not a full-time mechanic doing this type of work all the time, do consider quality tools, but good condition used, instead of laying out the bucks for new - or wasting money on disposable junk.

Richard