Coolant Sensors all 3, 454 7.4 big block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamesT

Reaction score
Okay, sensor: 1- Engine coolant going to computer
2- Engine coolant going to dash
3- Engine coolant going to fan?

1 is at the front of engine
2 is on driver side
3 is on passenger sid

thread pitch on 1 is 3/8
2 is 1/2
3 ?????
Even ac delco doesn't have the spec on its website, 2 dealerships, nothing. Did I miss something in the haynes manual? Also, the pigtail end on this on is not entirely oval, it has edges on either side.

You guys are the best hope everyone is doing great.

jamesT

Reaction score
Thanks 454cid. I think I found the right one from standard on rockauto. Thing is, the thread size is never listed by the better parts companies, but I'm not ordering 5 different parts. Also, the pigtail connector has changed.

My parts store here in canada wants 105.95 cdn -that's $84.60 US, for just the pigtail.

Thanks again.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thing is, the thread size is never listed by the better parts companies,
If it's too small, like a 3/8" NPT, you can always go to a hardware store and get a 1/2" X 3/8" bushing reducer to make it fit :waytogo:

jamesT

Reaction score
Thanks D O G, desert old guy, I know, your handle is playing with tbi... anyway, Great tip. New to this whole truck thing. Bought this, 4 years ago, mostly parked it during world blowing up. Used this winter, time to freshen up.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So passenger head sensor? That's a thing? Driver's head is to the gauge and the one on the front of the engine is for the computer.