Coolant probs... Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Soo my trucks been dripping coolant, i know where its coming from, its just cold so im not terribly motivated. Anyway i poped my radiator cap off to make sure it was good because i kept seeing it drip but the resevoir never moved and the radiator was only about 3/4 of the way full. So i blew through the hose that goes from the reservoir to the radiator and it was clear. Does anyone have an idea of why its not pulling coolant from the reservoir?

Breakdown

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have a leak in the system, then the sealed system is no longer a sealed system and will pull air through the leak when the coolant temp goes down vice pulling coolant from the overflow. Path of least resistance and all that. It's easier to pull air with a vacuum then water due to the density and weight. Your radiator cap is a 14-16lb cap and requires a certain amount of pressure to open enough to push or pull fluid to the reservoir as well