Coolant Leak. Need help locating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine was leaking out the front,but hard to see with accessory bracket in place...

You must be registered for see images
Yea, thats the Vortec intake leak all rite. Mine was on the drivers side, next to the fire wall. It was trailing down the trans. Had to do a pressure test, and look with a mirror to see it. Flepro gaskets, and good red RTV fixed mine, after removing the complete intake of corse. That was IDK maybe 6 or 7 years ago. Been good ever since.

Cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone thanks for all the help. It was the weep hole. I was able to get a better look of it and that's exactly where it was coming from once I knew what I was looking for. Changed it and it's been good ever since

And now that I've had the pleasure of taking the clutch fan off you know I'm looking into e fan swap now haha.:Big Laugh:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey everyone thanks for all the help. It was the weep hole. I was able to get a better look of it and that's exactly where it was coming from once I knew what I was looking for. Changed it and it's been good ever since

And now that I've had the pleasure of taking the clutch fan off you know I'm looking into e fan swap now haha.:Big Laugh:
I have a good write up on an electric fan swap on the cheap. Here is the link.
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/electric-fan-swap-on-the-cheap.41756/

Darrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cheyenne, thanks for posting what the problem was. So many will start a thread asking for help but never post what the fix was.