Control arm source for C1500

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by fancyTBI, Nov 24, 2019.

1. fancyTBI

fancyTBI half-ton fun

Looking to buy new control arms for my '92 C1500. Mine are gross looking and I think I would be time ahead buying new ones instead of fighting with these.

What is a good source for them? I see LMC, 1A auto, and even Moog. I just want them to fit on with no shimming and work well.

Thanks!

2. fancyTBI

fancyTBI half-ton fun

Bump, I did a search and couldn’t find anything.

3. Schurkey

Schurkey I'm Awesome

I slapped Moog upper control arms on my '97 K2500. Turns out, Moog arms for this vehicle are made in Taiwan.

While that's way better than Communist China, I'm still disappointed that a Made-In-USA solution is not available in the aftermarket.

For the record, slapping on new control arms was about a thousand times easier than rebuilding the existing arms, which I did for my '88 K1500. OTOH, rebuilding existing arms gets you Polyurethane bushing inserts instead of failure-prone bonded rubber. The biggest problem with rebuilding existing arms is having to fabricate the steel sleeves that go in the ID of the Poly bushings.

No doubt the 2WD arms are different from the 4WD arms.

fancyTBI likes this.
  4. fancyTBI

fancyTBI half-ton fun

@Schurkey thank you for your comments and input. Mine are the originals and also original bushings and ball joints. Good grease has helped last 330K miles. But I’d like new stuff.

5. 885speed

885speed Newbie

Got my uppers and lowers from RockAuto. As well as everything else.. Shipping wasn't that bad on them either.