Control Arm Relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Installed a 2in lift coil spacer last year and when my dad took it to get aligned they decided move one of the upper control arm mounts outwards towards the fender. He said it was because the tires looked like this \./ . If I were to take the coil spacers out, would I have to relocate the arms back to stock even after getting an alignment? Here's a video of what it looks like https://streamable.com/esjwo

885speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um... No.....

If it is going to be staying like that, then someone more competent with a welder than Helen Keller needs to put some structural welds on that thing. By the looks of your short video, that weld was done at too low of an amperage for one, and its just all goobered in one spot. I'd hate to play scare tactics or anything, but that seriously looks like one mildly bumpy road away from breaking and putting your life and others in danger... I'm not a certified welder or anything and don't claim to be, but I know a **** weld when I see one.

Either way it's not done correctly.

Reaction score
Um... No.....

If it is going to be staying like that, then someone more competent with a welder than Helen Keller needs to put some structural welds on that thing. By the looks of your short video, that weld was done at too low of an amperage for one, and its just all goobered in one spot. I'd hate to play scare tactics or anything, but that seriously looks like one mildly bumpy road away from breaking and putting your life and others in danger... I'm not a certified welder or anything and don't claim to be, but I know a **** weld when I see one.

Either way it's not done correctly.

I figured, gonna call up a mobile welder to come fix it.