Comverting from drw to srw with just wheels and bed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
There is not going to be any wheel that will tuck it in like stock, since the rear axle is wider than a SRW. The best you could get, is the PY0 rims that came off of the GMT800 trucks. They came in a 16x6.5", +28mm offset (I believe, that's what the box says).

Johnny89345

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about h1 wheels. Yes i underatand it would need a lift. But they have 7 inches of backspace Vs the 5 that stockers have. Does anyone have any pics?

Johnny89345

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is not going to be any wheel that will tuck it in like stock, since the rear axle is wider than a SRW. The best you could get, is the PY0 rims that came off of the GMT800 trucks. They came in a 16x6.5", +28mm offset (I believe, that's what the box says).

Now lets say i mounted some h1 wheels on the truck, with a lift ofcourse. Do you know if the front and back wheels will be uniform? What i mean is will the fronts or backs stick out further or will all 4 be in the same place.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your existing setup is this way (assuming regular dually, non chassis cab rear axle, non wide track rear axle) - the inside rears are parallel with the fronts.

Richard

Johnny89345

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your existing setup is this way (assuming regular dually, non chassis cab rear axle, non wide track rear axle) - the inside rears are parallel with the fronts.

Richard

I dont know the difference this is the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If that truck is what you have, that is a standard dually. Cab n chassis never had a bed, and the rear was really narrow. If you put a standard 8' bed on a cab n chassis, even with the duals, the outside tires would be bout flush with the body. If you put H1s on above truck, it would look absolutely stupid cause the tire would be way tucked inside. Putting H1s on a dually truck puts the track width close to a stock SRW truck. But H1s are 16.5s, and tires are getting tough to find. H2s have similar offset, but don't think it's enough to tuck. Why not just swap the hubs/rotors and rear axle to get a SRW??