Complete tool list?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A full list, not specific areas or purposes. A list of gods for this model truck. THE list of lists. It doesnt matter if theres only a single bolt of its kind and youll likely never even touch or see it in the most hardcore restorations, it needs to be on the list.
You're more than welcome to make that list. Most of us have big toolboxes with all the tools we've collected over the years working on different stuff, because in ten years we will likely be wrenching on something different. Also, there are far more specialty tools than you will ever use, but when you need that one specific tool, you really need it. That's why parts stores keep tools on the shelf - they're gonna sell. Making one list to rule them all is not practical, but if you're volunteering...

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What takes the 5.5mm?

Whatever it is, it’ll probably break tomorrow because I don’t have it.
I ran into one not long ago doing a heater core on a 97.
Trim, heater core (as @skylark mentioned), distributor cap nuts (OK, a Philips works too), I can't remember if the ICM in the distributor uses it too. But there's a few all around. And NO, IT'S NOT A FORD-ISM, LOL.

Afiggis

Reaction score
A good idea. I never needed a 32 mm wrench or 22mm stubby until I worked on my BMW. New to GM trucks so I’m no help

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Trim, heater core (as @skylark mentioned), distributor cap nuts (OK, a Philips works too), I can't remember if the ICM in the distributor uses it too. But there's a few all around. And NO, IT'S NOT A FORD-ISM, LOL.

I've personally only used it on Ford stuff. TFI module, coil screws, and a couple random body panel fasteners.