Complete tool list?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johns

Reaction score
It's a really odd question, but has anyone ever made a 100% complete tool list for a '94 k1500? Purely a curiosity question, everything from basic sockets and wrenches to special tools

Johns

Reaction score
I'm not talking about a company that makes tools, I'm talking about a literal list that someone has specifically laid out for a vehicle. Every single size that youd ever use at any point on the truck, including all the little special tools like pickle forks, plastic pry tools, presses, and everything in between... even a hammer.

Last edited:

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on how far into sub-assemblies you want to go. Rebuilding engines, transmissions, axles? Or more general maintenance. A full list of every tool you could ever need is different than say a tool load out for general trail repairs on an off-road vehicle.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And when you think you've everything you need, I'll bet you forgot the 5.5 mm socket and/or wrench. :biggrin:

That's story of my life. One with service calls 2 with having what I need for road trips lol.. we use to say the tool you never use and unload is the day you'll need it...

Johns

Reaction score
I suppose it depends on how far into sub-assemblies you want to go. Rebuilding engines, transmissions, axles? Or more general maintenance. A full list of every tool you could ever need is different than say a tool load out for general trail repairs on an off-road vehicle.
A full list, not specific areas or purposes. A list of gods for this model truck. THE list of lists. It doesnt matter if theres only a single bolt of its kind and youll likely never even touch or see it in the most hardcore restorations, it needs to be on the list.

Last edited:

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I started with the basic 3/8 deep well and shallow metric/SAE sockets and a ratchet and other common hand tools. That’ll get you a long ways. I never used an impact until recent. Don’t spend your money on those specialty tools for ball joints and stuff. Just rent them. Don’t forget the BFH! I use Proto and the old Craftsman for my commonly used tools and Pittsburgh for the things I hardly use (E torx bits for headlight beam adjustment).