Compass temperature auto dimming mirror gmt400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustinJ94FSB

Reaction score
Have a 1994 k blazer and I am doing the mirror install from a newer Tahoe. I have all the wires ran to the temp sensor and the mirror. I have the 3 main wires routed down near my fusebox. I have the pink, black, lt green wires. The black is easy, just ground it. The pink one I need to tap into an ign power source. As for the lt green one, 8 am supposed to tap into a reverse light wire? Anyone able to help me figure out where under the dash I might find such a wire? Or the color are least so I can poke around with my multimeter? I suck at wiring diagrams and I can't even seem to find one for this . Just trying to figure out the reverse light wire color so I can tap it. Also if anyone has recommended spot to tap the 12v ign wire for the mirror as well I'm all ears, otherwise I'll figure that one out. Thanks

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
That green wire un-dims the mirror when the truck is shifted to reverse. It's not critical it be hooked up. If there is a light bright enough to cause the mirror to dim while backing up at night you can always manually turn the mirror off.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Ground the green wire if you don't want to mess with finding a reverse wire. That's what I did.

JustinJ94FSB

Reaction score
Ground the green wire if you don't want to mess with finding a reverse wire. That's what I did.

I ended up grounding it to just test the mirror and i think I'm gonna be fine with it like this. If I end up reversing into a spot light at night and I struggle to see I might mess with it. And if that's the case I just have to figure out which wire and tap it. But for now all is well. Ty my dudes.