Color match for dark red/ Burgundy Interior???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Simon

Reaction score
Hello new to the forum I just bought a 89 GMC k1500 that used to be my grandfathers truck. I plan to restore it back to factory as much as possible minus one interior thing which is putting in a double din. The kit I have is black and my truck has the dark red/ burgundy interior. Does anyone know what colors from SEM or any other company that matches the factory color well?

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The interior color code can be found on the sticker inside your glovebox. It is a three digit code and is usually the last code on the sticker, often in the lower right side quadrant of the sticker.
You can start a search with the year of your truck and the code. I'm sure other guys on here already know where to find paint or dye for your interior color.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://blog.theseatshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/chevy-gmc-seat-cover-trim-identification.jpg&imgrefurl=https://blog.theseatshop.com/blog/2011/07/26/chevygmc-trim-code-identification/&tbnid=2mn86dbLrtpfkM&vet=12ahUKEwjB9eLw--7wAhUJTqwKHfqDAR0QMygCegUIARCJAQ..i&docid=46oZh9fvtdiZGM&w=484&h=648&itg=1&q=1996 chevrolet 1500 interior color rpo codes&ved=2ahUKEwjB9eLw--7wAhUJTqwKHfqDAR0QMygCegUIARCJAQ

Last edited:

Joseph Simon

Reaction score
Iv tried looking up a bunch of the three digit codes on here but have come up with nothing so far.

You must be registered for see images attach

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Code 78I according to this site is Garnet red...
RPO (Regular Production Option) GM master list (crankshaftcoalition.com)

Honestly, your best bet for a close match is going to come from a paint shop. Take your fuse panel cover or something else that's easy to remove and visit your local paint shop, they will color match the part you take to them. In my experience, when I did this, the result was close but not perfect. HTH.

Joseph Simon

Reaction score
Code 78I according to this site is Garnet red...
RPO (Regular Production Option) GM master list (crankshaftcoalition.com)

Honestly, your best bet for a close match is going to come from a paint shop. Take your fuse panel cover or something else that's easy to remove and visit your local paint shop, they will color match the part you take to them. In my experience, when I did this, the result was close but not perfect. HTH.
Yeah that’s pry a good idea I would guess over the years its pry faded some

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the sem color I’ll look for it tomorrow and give u the cole code

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello new to the forum I just bought a 89 GMC k1500 that used to be my grandfathers truck. I plan to restore it back to factory as much as possible minus one interior thing which is putting in a double din. The kit I have is black and my truck has the dark red/ burgundy interior. Does anyone know what colors from SEM or any other company that matches the factory color well?
It’s sem 15063 burgundy

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what it looked like after I painted this tweeter box and it’s not spot on but it’s kinda close but if u find one that looks a lot closer let me know

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pic