Cold case Radiator Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 94 has a Modine radiator they work good, I do not think you can get them anymore.
I think at one point they were an oem supplier. The replacements were decent. I do crash work and some of these replacements have issues. Threaded inserts for fans to bolt on etc are off. Send quite a few back for different makes and models for different reasons.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
How are the radiators failing? Have you checked your coolant system for electrolysis? Is your upper coolant hose supported well enough to prevent movement from stress cracking the plastic tank?

Wes-in-MC

Reaction score
How are the radiators failing? Have you checked your coolant system for electrolysis? Is your upper coolant hose supported well enough to prevent movement from stress cracking the plastic tank?
The og radiator cracked below the upper hose. The two Chinese radiators but had tank blowouts. This last radiator had a new cap on it as I usually change the cap once a year along with flushing.

Wes-in-MC

Reaction score
Well folks....the honey moon lasted till two weeks ago. I'm so mad at myself......I knew better!!! This piece of junk leaks a gallon of water a day in a nine mile round trip from work. What's even worse, coldcase radiators do not have a replacement to send me and won't have one for another month. I am just so disgusted right now Thank you Coldcase radiators for selling such inferior junk

Rocket Surgeon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stuck a used modine brand radiator in my f150... made in 1999, must be a super tow package unit, it was 3 times thicker than what it replaced.

3 years going and still strong as hell.

why is nothing like this made for gmt400s?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I stuck a used modine brand radiator in my f150... made in 1999, must be a super tow package unit, it was 3 times thicker than what it replaced.

3 years going and still strong as hell.

why is nothing like this made for gmt400s?
I am right there with you. Put a TYC in my van and it exploded in the core. Ended up getting a cheap aluminum job just to get me rolling. I searched for a 34" wide 454/8.1 van specific dual core and it seems that it is out of production everwhere. KKS makes a nice aluminum radiator but not one with an elevated fill neck for the vans. My buddy has had a KKS 34" wide in his 97 for 7-8 years