Cold case Radiator Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes-in-MC

Reaction score
Some back story on my truck. I was on my 3rd radiator (the original and two China junk) and I was searching for a good replacement because I knew what was coming. I found an AC Delco on Summit racing and made the purchase. That radiator came and boy was I disappointed. It was for a 5.7 engine and no where on the box did it say AC Delco. So back to searching. I've always tried to buy AC Delco or a reputable brand when buying parts. The China radiator that was in my truck decided to give out one evening after I got home......and not tell me. So the next day, I jump in and head to work. The money light came on about 1.5 miles from my house and no heat so I knew something was up. She got real HOT before I got it home. I was just mad at myself for "settling" for inferior parts but at the time, I couldn't afford the $700 plus for a AC Delco replacement. I missed work that day and searched everywhere for an all aluminum radiator for my truck. I checked Griffin...they don't make one for my truck. They will but $$$$$$. Be Cool didn't offer one either. I found Cold Case aluminum radiators on Summit. Guys, I didn't want to buy the radiator because its China too but I didn't know what else to do. So I bite the bullet. $515.00 to my door. I'm please with the quality and performance.......so far. The only issue is the radiator could have been about 3/4 of an inch taller. The top brackets didn't hold it well like factory. I added a piece of rubber hose between the bracket and the radiator to put pressure on the top of the radiator to secure it. I also had to put a rubber hose cushion on the radiator support in case contact between the two ever happened. Overall, I'm happy I guess. Blackie is back on the road and I didn't hurt the engine from the overheat. Here are a few photos and if you have any questions, Give me a shout!! Thanks, Wes!

You must be registered for see images attach

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I very recently searched for a radiator and was contemplating all alu-I'm on tight budget too-searched the net left,right and centre. Saw these Cold Case ones-but all alu radiators seem to be a hit and miss-so in the end I settled for Denso-thinkin that if they won't last(all alu-most of the reviews where like"lasted 4 months"and similar) no point in spendin twice as much-defies the object-and since I'm in the UK warranties and returns are kinda out of equation.
I wish you all the luck with this-truly. I hope it will last-and one day I will too buy one if they prove to be good and reliable in the long run.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got this 3 row aluminum one over 3 years ago.

It's thicker than the OE one so, I cut out the cowl a little and put fuel line on the edges to help seal and reduce vibration.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Used to use alot of replacement radiators from Modine but you don't see them listed anymore. When it comes to radiators you really need to look at what it is you're actually getting. A lot of radiators that tout tube type cores need to be huge because the core is less efficient than a stock type what I call a honeycomb type core. It's all about surface area to air heat transfer and there's a lot of marketing bullshyt involved. Pretty doesn't mean it's better.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Used to use alot of replacement radiators from Modine but you don't see them listed anymore. When it comes to radiators you really need to look at what it is you're actually getting. A lot of radiators that tout tube type cores need to be huge because the core is less efficient than a stock type what I call a honeycomb type core. It's all about surface area to air heat transfer and there's a lot of marketing bullshyt involved. Pretty doesn't mean it's better.
My 94 has a Modine radiator they work good, I do not think you can get them anymore.

Gearhead1

Reaction score
I had to replace the radiator in my wife's Jeep Wrangler this January on a sunny 16 degree day. I have installed Spectra replacements in some other vehicles and they were Canadian made good fit parts. This one came from China and was a little off in certain ways, but works none-the-less. I don't know if all Spectra is China made now or only certain parts.