Coil spring leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John77lt

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with using 2" lift coil springs? I have a 1996 2wd silverado ext cab that I want to raise the front 2" on. I've looked at level kits (spring spacers), but am leary about using them. I have seen some springs that are a 2" lift and thought that these may be a better choice. I know that most people say to use lift shackles but the only ones I've found are for a 4" lift. I only want to raise the front 2" for a leveled out look. Thanks in advance for any responses.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Did you mean lift spindles? I ran both lifts on my truck a while back. The 2" lift kit was nice. I liked the way it looked. I remember having issues with alignment though. My advice, take it for what it's worth, would be to drop the rear 2" to level and add a 2" body lift to lift the truck. No weird alignment issues and 2wds don't look horrible with a body lift.

Here's my truck with the 2" kit and 32x11.5 tires
You must be registered for see images attach

John77lt

Reaction score
Did you mean lift spindles? I ran both lifts on my truck a while back. The 2" lift kit was nice. I liked the way it looked. I remember having issues with alignment though. My advice, take it for what it's worth, would be to drop the rear 2" to level and add a 2" body lift to lift the truck. No weird alignment issues and 2wds don't look horrible with a body lift.

Here's my truck with the 2" kit and 32x11.5 tires
You must be registered for see images attach
You're right. I meant to say spindles. Thanks for the input. So, did you use the 2" springs for the lift in the front? And they caused issues with alignment?

John77lt

Reaction score
You're right. I meant to say spindles. Thanks for the input. So, did you use the 2" springs for the lift in the front? And they caused issues with alignment?
What kind of issues did you have with alignment? Couldn't get it right, worn tires, etc?? Thanks again.