code 43

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I changed the a/c comp, drier, condenser, orifice tube, flushed, recharged with 32 oz freon. works perfect 40 deg air, sweet. take the truck for a road test code 43 pops on wasn't there before so I checked what I did cleaned the ECM grounds by the t-stat they are the only wires connected to the ecm that I touched, no help, found a vac line off still no help. Anybody have any ideas. had a new knock sensor about a year ago and a new dist about the same time. HELP!!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What brand knock sensor did you go with? If it's parts store garbage then that's the first thing I'd look at.

Reaction score
update on the code 43. replaced the ESC module and that fixed it. the truck was a 90 K1500 5.7 auto. I didn't replace the knock sensor after I got it up on the lift it looked like it had been replaced recently so I swapped modules with my 89 K1500 5.7 and the ck eng light went away.