Clutch hydraulics/parts

Discussion in 'Transmissions' started by Gramps, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Gramps

Gramps OBS Enthusiast

Have a 1990 k1500, while the engine is out new clutch and what it going in. My question is I can get all of the hydraulic parts (master - hose - slave) individually for the 1990 but if you jump up a year or two there is a complete prefilled prebled assembly. As I have not had much luck with clutch bleeding individual components is this a viable option?

2. smdk2500

smdk2500 I'm Awesome

I don't know about getting the newer parts to work on yours but when i bled my system I tried everything. gravity bleeding, bleeding like you would brakes, forcing from the slave to master. the only way i got mine to work was i installed a bleeder screw into the slave cylinder and used a air powered bleeder to pull the fluid through the system. I ran about a pint or 2 (cant remember for sure now) and pumped the petal once and it has worked great ever since.

3. Supercharged111

Supercharged111 I'm Awesome

Is that all non-bleedable like theLT1? I blew up a slave and replaced just that. It was easy but obviously not meant to be that way. It sealed with o rings and held in place with a roll pin. First thing I did was bleed the master. Push the pedal down and hold it for a minute or so then release. Do that a few times until the bubbles stop coming out of the reservoir. Do the same for the slave. Remove it from the trans and compress it fully. Hold until bubbles stop coming out of the reservoir. Repeat until no bubbles surface. I think a good lazy way to really knock it out of the park would be to hold one or both compressed fully and let it sit overnight. Release one at a time and ensure reservoir is refilled. I'm not sure how much each draws as I was not working the reservoir side through all of this that I had the privilege of learning at the hot as balls race track last month.

4. Gramps

Gramps OBS Enthusiast

The slave has a bleeder but I’ve had a devil of a time gettin them to bleed out when replacing single components. With or without my vacuum pump.