Cluster blowing parking light fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installed a cluster over weekend. Same part # as previous. (93k1500) Confirmed all warning lights & trip, gauges, worked. All in daylight.

Last nite i had to move it , soon as i turned on the headlights i heard the fuse blow. Replaced fuse, turned on switch it blew again. I never even saw the dash try to come on.

I havent taken the back off yet to check the cluster light bases (as thats only thing it could be i presume) .

Anywhere else i should check ?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's been too many years but I believe the courtesy lights are same circuit as park lights. If the only change has been the cluster, pull it back out and check for one of the cluster lighting bulbs to be blown - as you probably know, bulbs usually blow "open" but in rare cases one can blow shorted.

Richard

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes it is same as parking. Im hoping thats my issue. Im gona remove cluster and turn lights on. If it doesnt blow I will def know that my problem is there. I have new lights & bases being delivered today already ordered . If it isnt those, what is next option ?

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wasnt the cluster. I did remount my radio too and moved some wires around . Must be in there . Shoot.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There's a wire on that circuit to the radio, so it will dim the radio's lighting when you have the headlights on. Did you re-wire the radio connection, possibly misplacing that particular wire..?

Again it's been a while but a quick 'net lookup says it's the gray wire in that bundle. There's a gray one also associated with a speaker wire so don't mix 'em up.

Richard

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a pinched wire with a nick in it grounding out. Back in business; and cluster doesnt have any bulbs bad. Even tho im swapping to cool white anyway tho

That wire was blue on my harness. (The dim radio) but wasnt the culprit