Closest color to teal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going by the color of the cap is a guessing game until you shoot and compare.

Most auto refinish stores can mix up base from the WA# off the rpo tag and load the proper color in a spray bomb. That and a couple coats of some kind of clear your golden. It's a few more bucks but the best way to get a reasonable color match.

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
  • Paint Code: 43, WA, 9796, 243A
  • Color: Metallic Bright Aqua
  • Applicator Type: Aerosol
Ok, they list the code it's supposed to match. WA#9796 should be on the bottom line of the rpo tag. 43 would be in the other codes as 43U. Maybe you get lucky with it.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
  • Paint Code: 43, WA, 9796, 243A
  • Color: Metallic Bright Aqua
  • Applicator Type: Aerosol
Ok, they list the code it's supposed to match. WA#9796 should be on the bottom line of the rpo tag. 43 would be in the other codes as 43U. Maybe you get lucky with it.

I kinda thought the aqua looked similar to the teal. Thanks for the help with checking out the codes and stuff with it, I will check out the paint this afternoon. :)

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I kinda thought the aqua looked similar to the teal. Thanks for the help with checking out the codes and stuff with it, I will check out the paint this afternoon. :)

The name of the color means little. GMC calls it bright aqua and Chevy calls it teal or vice versa depending on what day or year it is. Marketing. LOL Go by the WA#

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year truck? I had a 97 that was laguna green. Easiest way is to what someone else mentioned and go to a Colours or a paint store, they can match your paint wether door tag or RPO tag or put a reader that will tell what colors to mix so it will match.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The name of the color means little. GMC calls it bright aqua and Chevy calls it teal or vice versa depending on what day or year it is. Marketing. LOL Go by the WA#

Oh yeah... GM paint names outside of "black" and "white" are often not indicative of what it actually looks like.

They have a color called Bluemoon, now.... it's a dark blue, and I've never seen a blue moon (no Smurfs being born, I guess), and it's way darker than Bluemoon ice cream.