Clear glass or tint windows

Leave it clear or tent it red ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The clear side glass was only available on the most basic of basic stripped-down plain-Jane no-option models.
Manual vinyl seats, rubber flooring, no center console, no air/tilt/cruise/pw/pdl.
Some even had an NV3500.
W/T trim.
V-e-r-y few made, as the majority of Tahoes came equipped with the full load of options. Including tinted side glass.
The plain-Jane W/T's were a work truck. A 'commercial' version with an eye towards supervisor/company vehicles. Most produced were 4x4.
They were...'useful'.
2x4 wasn't.
2 wheel drive Tahoes aren't that common to begin with.
...and even still, most of those 2x4's got the full-meal-deal too, when it came to options.
The stripped down 2 wheel drive versions had the lowest production over the 400 run.
Many of the 400's around here, & there's a lot, are rust-free.
Except for the Tahoes. For some reason they tend to be cancer victims. It doesn't seem to be just here either.
I've kept my eyes open for a clean 2x4 Tahoe for the last 10 years or so. Looked at some a fair distance away, too. The rust-free ones are stupid $$$. Even the rust-buckets are pricey, especially when compared to the current market value of a cream-puff RCSB 400.

Figure in all those factors, then go looking.
Doesn't even have to be a whole truck. Just the clear side glass.

(I'd do bad things to this!)

You must be registered for see images attach