Clean LS swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
Looks nice but why remove the better flowing and torque producing truck intake and put a crappy car intake on it?

also looks like the ECM is inside the cab. this is usually problematic because there’s not enough space there. I prefer to keep them under the hood just like GM designed it.

The intake system it’s a hot air intake for sure….. looks impressive though
Somebody needs to make a radiator with a hole in it to clear the air filter.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Looks clean, personally I won't run the car intake though as I still would want the torque curve lower. I may switch to a TBSS intake on my build, but I am also doing FI on my own.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks clean, personally I won't run the car intake though as I still would want the torque curve lower. I may switch to a TBSS intake on my build, but I am also doing FI on my own.
x2 on that! In fact a dual plane and a carb or carb like TBI unit make much more useable torque than even a truck intake. Personally I want to put injector bungs in a performer rpm and put a 1,000 cfm dry throttle body on top. Make the LS look alot like a big block.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
x2 on that! In fact a dual plane and a carb or carb like TBI unit make much more useable torque than even a truck intake. Personally I want to put injector bungs in a performer rpm and put a 1,000 cfm dry throttle body on top. Make the LS look alot like a big block.
That they do. If I had not already changed my whole fuel system to support 60psi I would be doing a carb and a giant cam. But I am going 5.3L and a single turbo lol.

Last edited:

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought TBI liked single plane intakes? Or do you still make better torque with a dual plane?

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depends on the manifold and engine design. With the stock GM 2bbl TBI a single plane helps crutch the TBIs flow.
Not to get too off topic, but I was recommended on another forum to use an old Holley single plane. Has a weird channel that connects the 2 rear cylinders. I picked it up a few years ago but never used it on my project. I don't know how well it would do with a Qjet on it? Have a buddy with a 92 GMC 3/4 ton, gonna throw a MTC1 cam that I accuired for free brand new in the box and this intake on this winter.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Newmexico

Reaction score
That is a very well thought out job. Very expensive, very, very time consuming. Beautiful and I know this person loves it regardless of torque curves or anything. Can we see more pics of vehicle? I don’t believe I’ve ever seen such a nice job for what looks to be a daily driver.