Chevy gmt400 alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone install a alarm in there gmt400?
I have a 1992 and looking to install a alarm what’s a good quality alarm and how to install it?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a Viper in my 97. Been in there a very long time. Fact is, I am on my 2 ed unit. Love the keyless entry. I had the first one installed at an auto audio shop. The second one was a direct replacement. The key fobs finally stopped working on the first unit, after IDK 10 + years.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You would need to install a power lock kit. Then yes. All after market alarm systems work with relays. The control unit is very low voltage. So all of the output functions have to be hooked up to a relay. Say for power locks for example, the out put wire for power locks on the control module of the alarm system, triggers a relay. Every out put wire does this. Try to hook up that wire without a relay, and you fry the control unit.

TonyM

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're going to put an alarm in and keyless entry, put a remote start while you're at it. I bought mine at Canadian Tire on sale for $139. Its an Autostart with keyless entry, alarm, and all kinds of goodies. It wasn't hard to install, just took some time. If you're good with relays its not that bad. It uses the horn for the alarm, if a door or the hood is opened the horn blows. Here's a little video I just took of it in action

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right on would it work with e 6.5 diesel with the glow plugs ? That’s why I was thinking just alarm and keyless go