Chevy G20 350 V8 5.7 Smog Pump Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marteen

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
better?

So is there anything i have to make sure of before i delete and put on the new shorter belt? Any other things to keep in mind or check before i can do it? Cause i can hear and feel my smog pump going down and i would love to give this a try before i hit the road all the way back to Florida from San Diego

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wouldn't think so. Don't know though, mine came without one. Assuming you have AC and the same pulley setup it should be the same.

Marteen

Reaction score
Heres my setup, is this what yours looks like but just without the smog pump?

gric_az

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a question about that smog pump. Could it cause backfire out the exhaust? If I rev it up quick, like blip the throttle real fast, it'll pop once out the tailpipe. If rev it hard it won't do it. Also if i accelerate hard then let off, it'll do a few lil pops.

Mule89

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question about that smog pump. Could it cause backfire out the exhaust? If I rev it up quick, like blip the throttle real fast, it'll pop once out the tailpipe. If rev it hard it won't do it. Also if i accelerate hard then let off, it'll do a few lil pops.
That seems to be normal my truck does it.

gric_az

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That seems to be normal my truck does it.
I had a 94 z71 than didnt do that. Only bad thing is I cant be cool and rev it up without being laughed at! It has a single outlet setup with a flowmaster. I cant tell which model it is, but I have no drone in the cab. But gets loud when I get on it.