Chevy G20 350 V8 5.7 Smog Pump Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marteen

Reaction score
Hello y'all. So in the past few months i purchased a G20 here in California which is now registered in Florida which has no requirements for Smog. I already went as far as ripping off all of the tubes from the inside and plugging the manifolds cause that stuff is just useless. Now, im looking at the smog pump and what i should do. In y'alls opinions, should i get a bypass pulley, a different belt or what. In all honestly i really want to get that big ass pump the hell out of the engine cause its a waste of machinery. Being absolutely useless now, I'd much rather grab a bypass pulley, to avoid having to grab a different belt and possibly removing the tensioner under the A/C. Who would know which is the correct bypass that would fit to size without me needing a grinder to shape it. It would be greatly appreciated to hear any opinions. Thank you.

You must be registered for see images attach

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It seems like you should be able to remove it and use a shorter belt, and retain the AC tension pulley. I'll take a pic of my underhood tomorrow (came without a smog pump from factory but with the empty bracket for it). Could give you the belt size and part # too. Unless someone smarter than me chimes in as to why that wouldn't work.

Marteen

Reaction score
Definitely looks like the easiest/cheapest way to go. What was the belt size and #. I'll start looking into it.

Reaction score
Be careful of smog delete in California. I did that on a Jeep CJ5 back years ago, passed smog check numbers with flying colors but underhood look check failed the smog check. If the air pump and lines had still been there for appearance purposes it would have been fine. Cost me about $800 to put back stuff that was not doing me any good at all.

Intimi88tr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anyone know how big the belt is for the smog pump delete?
I ran those numbers off the picture and Im not coming up with anything.