Chevrolet tailgate band replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greasemagnet

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my tailgate band and LMC is out of stock. The Parts Place sells them, is it OEM like LMC ? Has anybody purchased one from The Parts Place ?
You must be registered for see images attach

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my tailgate band and LMC is out of stock. The Parts Place sells them, is it OEM like LMC ? Has anybody purchased one from The Parts Place ?
You must be registered for see images attach

I talked to LMC I believe on Tuesday and they said they are still 9-10 weeks out from receiving new emblems. Does the parts place have them in stock?

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 3m disk is pretty good. Try carb cleaner followed with goo gone.
Carb cleaner on a rag takes off duct tape adhesive so it should work but its kinda slow process.
Just remember to use a good wax on it after ward because it will be bone dry

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@1ton-o-fun There's quite a bit of adhesive tape behind the tail gate trim. More then likely take 2 eraser wheels to get the remaining foam tape and adhesive off. Or, you can get the stuff off with 3m adhesive remover and plastic razor blades. Both methods a bit messy.

Probably ok with a white truck but paint hidden behind an emblem for 20+ years doesn't fade as much and might no longer match if the intention is not to put another trim back on

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
The 3m disk is pretty good. Try carb cleaner followed with goo gone.
Carb cleaner on a rag takes off duct tape adhesive so it should work but its kinda slow process.
Just remember to use a good wax on it after ward because it will be bone dry

@1ton-o-fun There's quite a bit of adhesive tape behind the tail gate trim. More then likely take 2 eraser wheels to get the remaining foam tape and adhesive off. Or, you can get the stuff off with 3m adhesive remover and plastic razor blades. Both methods a bit messy.

Probably ok with a white truck but paint hidden behind an emblem for 20+ years doesn't fade as much and might no longer match if the intention is not to put another trim back on

Lol! Thanks guys, but have you seen pics of my truck? I'm kinda hoping the emblem/applique pulls off most of the paint with it to match the rest of the truck! :D