Cheaper lowering kits? Or used for sale? (4/6)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treyes

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a 92 c1500 that im trying to do a 4/6 drop but all the kits are so expensive! Anybody know a company whose cheaper than like the big companies or anyone here sell c notches they make themselves? Anything helps or anybody selling a used lowering kit? Let me know any info

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cheaper than what? DJM is only like $500 new for the parts, plus shocks. Making a C notch isn't hard if you have a welder, but that's really the only place you could save a few bucks and if you're asking the question, I imagine you don't have a welder.

Every once in a while, used stuff pops up but it may only save $50 or $100 by the time you are done, or something is missing/not usable from the used kit and you end up spending money to make it work anyway. There are some really cheap kits on ebay...but at some point safety becomes a concern, as some of the parts I've seen are pretty obviously subpar. Generally better off in the long run saving a bit longer to buy something with known quality and support.

Don't forget the shocks when budgeting for this. Probably the most important part of making it actually drive and ride okay/safely, and the main reason people complain after dropping their truck. Definitely an area where you get what you pay for, but sometimes you can find used high quality shocks in the right size from the muscle car and circle track world.

Treyes

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheaper than what? DJM is only like $500 new for the parts, plus shocks. Making a C notch isn't hard if you have a welder, but that's really the only place you could save a few bucks and if you're asking the question, I imagine you don't have a welder.

Every once in a while, used stuff pops up but it may only save $50 or $100 by the time you are done, or something is missing/not usable from the used kit and you end up spending money to make it work anyway. There are some really cheap kits on ebay...but at some point safety becomes a concern, as some of the parts I've seen are pretty obviously subpar. Generally better off in the long run saving a bit longer to buy something with known quality and support.

Don't forget the shocks when budgeting for this. Probably the most important part of making it actually drive and ride okay/safely, and the main reason people complain after dropping their truck. Definitely an area where you get what you pay for, but sometimes you can find used high quality shocks in the right size from the muscle car and circle track world.
Yea I understand that its just im in high school with a part time minimum wage so i was trynna see what alternatives i had. Thanks anyways

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I bought my stepside last year I was really interested in lowering it, especially since I want good highway mileage. Then I started working on it. I pulled the engine in four hours. I built my exhaust in a day, with no lift. It's so easy to just crawl under it for access. If you're in high school, you're going to be doing a fair amount of work on your truck - I was young and broke once, too. Keep it at the stock height for now, and spend what money you do have on making the interior clean and comfortable. Chicks dig that more.

rojas84

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just save till u have enough !!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk