Cheap Swap Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ovrebo1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any cheap eBay longtubes that will work with the LS swap?

I see other people say that they use the sconfield swap headers, but I'm on a really tight budget. I have a 6.0 in my 97 2wd, but the long tubes I got with the motor hit the frame. They are stainless ebay headers, most likely for a later model truck.

Would G-body longtubes fit?

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm about 92% sure the Fbody headers will fit. I'll have to ask my buddy. He did some type of long tubes on his LS swap in a gmt400.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

ovrebo1

Reaction score
I'm about 92% sure the Fbody headers will fit. I'll have to ask my buddy. He did some type of long tubes on his LS swap in a gmt400.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Hey thanks! F-body was actually what I meant. Not sure why I typed G-body.

Before I got any replies on multiple threads I left my question. I pulled the trigger on some eBay $100 stainless Camero headers with free return shipping. Figured I couldn't go wrong with $100 and free return shipping.

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look at speed engineering. They have excellent quality TIG welds in stainless with nice thick flanges. Call or email for you application. Yes, the come from the far east, but my wallet doesn't care. They have an F-body app.

I bought shorties for LS in my 1967 C10 running an 4L60. I finished the connection using series 300 stainless segments welded in during fitment of the engine to my liking.

Fileguru

Reaction score
Hey thanks! F-body was actually what I meant. Not sure why I typed G-body.

Before I got any replies on multiple threads I left my question. I pulled the trigger on some eBay $100 stainless Camero headers with free return shipping. Figured I couldn't go wrong with $100 and free return shipping.
Long time since this but so how did these work out for you? Im in a same boat, doing 6.0 ls swap for my '98 burb c1500 and also looking for some dirt cheap china headers from ebay... Did they fit with slight hammering/massaging or needed modifying by cutting & welding? I can modify if necessary...