changing mileage odometer cluster swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skychair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed an Escalade cluster in my 99 Yukon. I need to put the Yukon odometer into the Escalade cluster to get the mileage corrected. My problem is I dont see how to separate the housing to get access to the odometer for the swap.
Whats the procedure?
I tried to do a look up, but found nothing. I know some one has done this, I need help.
Ron

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Remove the rubber cap (if it’s still there) from the trip odometer reset.

There are three black tabs holding the lens to the cluster housing. Push all three in to separate the face.

You must be registered for see images attach

With a small screwdriver, pry up the gauge face plastic along the edges (not the black layer with the gauge lettering on it, just the part under it).

Separate the wiring harness and it’s apart. The odometer is held in by torx screws and a red connector to the trip odometer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skychair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks East302, I thought that was the way to go, but wasn't sure.
Appreciate the pictures.
Mileage is now corrected, and working as it should.
Thanks again.
Ron

97K1500Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I just put a 2000 Escalade cluster in my truck with the 120mph speedo and white gauges. However, the cluster glows blue instead of white. Was that standard on Escalade or did someone change it? I moved my Illumination bulbs over from the orig 97 cluster and the 2k Escalade cluster still glows blue. Guess when I disassemble to move mileage over I can see if I can change lighting color back to white.