Ccsb sas Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so I’m picking up a 94 Dana 60hd BOM 610610-4 either today or this week. I plan on using the Offroad design kit for 47” springs and using stock 3 leaf front springs. I have questions about the brake lines and the shock mounting. Will the stock brake lines hook up to the new calipers and what would be the the best way to mount a shock. Is a shock hoop the only way?

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope
I mounted tabs on mine for shocks.

Is the project truck 2wd frame or 4wd

Depending on HOW you mount it’s sometimes easier to use the rear leaf springs
The front ones tend to have the shackle point in the “wrong” direction .

There’s a thread around here soMewhere that listed the conversion parts needed from summit to adapt the brake lines
It was basically an adapter from the hard line to a -6AN line then the line (your length may vary)
And it was also a banjo to a -6AN
Line
Makes for an easy swap and you have steel braided lines.

But NONE of this info is hard to find online.
Basically if you have a welder and The skills nothing needs to be done a specific way. Measure, cut , weld

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope
I mounted tabs on mine for shocks.

Is the project truck 2wd frame or 4wd

Depending on HOW you mount it’s sometimes easier to use the rear leaf springs
The front ones tend to have the shackle point in the “wrong” direction .

There’s a thread around here soMewhere that listed the conversion parts needed from summit to adapt the brake lines
It was basically an adapter from the hard line to a -6AN line then the line (your length may vary)
And it was also a banjo to a -6AN
Line
Makes for an easy swap and you have steel braided lines.

But NONE of this info is hard to find online.
Basically if you have a welder and The skills nothing needs to be done a specific way. Measure, cut , weld
Thanks for the info!
Also I picked up the axle. Payed 250 bucks for it in town and has everything still attached, albeit most of it’s cut. I got to inspecting some stuff and the pinion yoke has a little play, caliper are seized and stuck to the rotors. lockouts seem in good condition and the ring and pinion have what looks like some kind of build up on it ( diff oil looked watered down, but I don’t have pics of that yet) outer axle seals are disintegrated and not even there but overall it’s not bad, just rubber pieces from sitting outside. Hopefully I can order the brackets soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the axle torn down

Basically every seal is non existent. The bearings and races look good as far as I can tell,still gonna replace them, haven’t delved into them too deep.

The rotors and calipers are gone. Rotors are too rusted to turn and I wouldn’t trust them anyways, and the calipers are completely siezed, had to use an 8 inch c clamp to get them off.

The axle shafts look good other than being dirty but u joints are fairly rusted. The axle tubes are completely filled with dirt and will need to be cleaned and checked.

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spindle bearings came in and I’m currently grinding the caliper brackets to fit my 15 inch wheels that I have

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What brands did you end up choosing for Spindle bearings and the seals? I'm in the middle of the same thing and have found wildly differing pricing for nearly every part number so far.

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What brands did you end up choosing for Spindle bearings and the seals? I'm in the middle of the same thing and have found wildly differing pricing for nearly every part number so far.
I’m using the ones from east coast gear supply, it says they’re Timken bearings. Pretty reasonable price for them.