CCLB dually #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Me too for a while. My current struggle is fuel lines. I'm kicking myself for not snagging a 4 foot chunk to splice into this truck. Turns out the diesels use the old style threaded fittings at the fuel sender and not the push to lock like the 98-00 gassers. I figured I was set because both trucks were 98+. So now I wonder if the pump in the diesel tank will feed a gasser and, if not, will the gas pump fit in the basket? I kept the tank from the other truck. I figure if it is easier to keep the diesel tank I can just add a vent fitting for the charcoal canister to the filler neck breather?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No pics in here, let's fix that. Motor/trans/t case/driveshaft/front cat pipe in. Gotta chop the rear pipe section to extend it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here are the Cummins mounts. Turns out the truck did require a body lift as I suspected to clear it all.

And the material I put back in so the mounts would bolt up and the diff wouldn't rip itself out.

This is the next thing I tackle.

Once I button down a few more things I'll get the core support back in as well as the bumper and grill and start making it look whole again.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Got the motor mounts all torqued down with the help of another set of hands. Also fished out the diesel harness so it didn't have to co-exist with the gas harness. To my surprise, the 6.5 PCM continued to live inside behind the glovebox like the OBDI trucks so this is not going to be plug and play like I originally anticipated.

I have a Chilton manual at home, but thinking it won't have what I need. If any of you know where to find some pinouts please let me know. I also found this thing in the back of the truck in a hacked up extra 6.5 harness.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm confused, are you cummins swapping?
Or 6.5 > 454 swapping? :confused:

Ha. Bought a truck with no powertrain, originally a 6.5 swap. PO was having someone Cummins swap it but they never finished, so I bought it minus the Cummins to stick the powertrain I had in it to flip for a profit. When I originally laid eyes on the truck, the Cummins was in but the trans was ass down. The loose body mounts I found confirmed my suspicion that the truck was going to need a body lift to clear. The powertrain I'm installing came from a wrecked truck I bought for the bed for my white dually.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have enough margin here that it's a matter of how much profit I get. Gonna be way north of my usual $1,000 target but this was a very special case and required 2 very lucky finds to pull off. So can anyone verify what the deal is with raised vs not raised filler necks on the 3500 radiators? My white truck has a non raised neck and I'm not sure a raised would even fit in there. This truck has no radiator, I'm kinda bummed I forgot to ask the dude who I bought it from about a radiator and 3500s are super hard to come by at the pull and pay.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I have enough margin here that it's a matter of how much profit I get. Gonna be way north of my usual $1,000 target but this was a very special case and required 2 very lucky finds to pull off. So can anyone verify what the deal is with raised vs not raised filler necks on the 3500 radiators? My white truck has a non raised neck and I'm not sure a raised would even fit in there. This truck has no radiator, I'm kinda bummed I forgot to ask the dude who I bought it from about a radiator and 3500s are super hard to come by at the pull and pay.

I know a raised neck rad wouldn't fit in my K2500; and the rad in my dad's C3500 is a short neck one too, so I'd probably just shoot for a short neck one.

I only paid around $200 or so bucks for a new radiator from NAPA; plus it's one more thing that'll make it harder for someone to try and dicker you down on.
At least that's my thinking; I know I'd be willing to pay a little more for documented new parts on a truck.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, but when it comes to these trucks the people of Craigslist are just broke assholes who wanna lowball for no reason other than their life sucks and they have no money and they're trying to make that your problem. On another note, I was told the extended neck was for the 3500HD which would make sense as they had that extended filler panel under the grill so that whole area is taller.