CCLB dually #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I went to the junkyard today and found 2 clean compressors. The first was on a Vortec 454 that I want if it isn't blown up but the housing was cracked. The other was on a van. I noticed the pulley was smaller, but I grabbed it anyway and it leak checked good and is pumping out cold air again.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also got a replacement underhood light that works. On my test drive, the broken chunk of grill fell off. I retraced my steps, found it, and pulled the grill to JB Weld it back on.

We'll see how it turns out tomorrow. In the morning when it's dry and there's daylight I'll snap the pics and throw it up for sale. I had no luck finding a grill locally so we'll see how this pans out.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Grill turned out good and I got a Remflex gasket down between the cats. The engine fan is the loudest thing on the truck now, the minor exhaust leak is dead. I thought my dually with the Walker bus muffler was quiet but this is insane.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My fan is the loudest part on the truck initially with the bus muffler. Once things start warming up and the fan frees up its super quiet.

My half assed install with leaking band clamps at the muffler is probably louder than the noise actually coming from the tailpipe.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Tell your friends! And critique my verbiage in there, I've already made an edit.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, I've had a couple casual hits on it. I added today the fact that the AC blows cold, should help the cause. I also went for a little cruise to try and burn what's left of the 2 year old gas out of it. Along the way I decided to grab a set of plugs and install them. They cleaned up that annoying little miss that it had 100% so I'm feeling a lot better about that. Here's the old ones.

Next up I rented the tool to swap the truck clutch/pulley onto the AC compressor, but I only got as far as removing the hub. I need to grab a puller from home to snag the pulley off, forgot it was pressed on as well. Should hopefully wrap that up tomorrow. Now that it's for sale I'm under the gun.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
In a weird way I think I'll miss it. It was like a giant Lego set. I never got the AC pulley swapped, but the guy that bought it does so I gave him the old compressor with the hub I'd managed to remove yesterday.