CCLB dually #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Tonight I wired the existing brake controller back in and cleaned up some residual wiring ignorance.

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like I could use another zip tie in there.

Also cut the elastic deal off of the visor as it was stretched out and sagging. I cleaned the back of the truck out, threw away all the trash, and swept it out. Tomorrow I'll shop vac then pressure wash it. It's looking much better. Now that the muffler is hooked up it feels a lot different to cruise in it. The radio decided it didn't want to turn on anymore so I'll have to toss in the one from my other dually. Goal tomorrow is to finish cleaning inside and out, find/fix the AC, and swap that radio out, and tack the one loose flappy doodle on the headache rack back on to shut it up. Aside from that I'd have to check my list because I believe that's pretty much it before putting it up for sale.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Gonna shoot for the moon and start at $8,500 based on what they're asking around here. It's on the high side, but it depends on how bad someone wants that crew cab. You can find extended cabs all day but much like when I wanted to buy one, I'm just not seeing them for sale.

Today was productive. I can't even remember what all I accomplished. The big one was the bed: I wasn't happy with where it was after yesterday, so I removed the bolted down rubber liner, removed the box, sprayed all the caked in dirt/gunk/bolts out, went over the rattle can liner, repainted the toolbox, pressure washed the rubber liner, and buttoned it all back up. I don't have a good before pic that remotely does it justice. The rest of the perimeter of the bed looked like the front does here and that's after sweeping a ton of crap out last night.

After pressure washing, looks like I missed a spot up front.

And here it is after a touch up coat of rattle can bed liner. Trying to make it all one color again.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
And here it is all buttoned up now. The sun had nuked some of the paint off of the box and it was a combo of satin black and the white that was underneath.

The paint I used seemed to match what was there so I didn't have to do a total redo. I also think I finally nailed THE A/C leak I've been hunting for.

Off to the pull and pray tomorrow. Such a shame as the thing blew ice cubes for the brief time it held freon. I think I'll need to pick up the correct oil tomorrow as well before servicing it. Neighbor has the vacuum pump so I should be able to get it done right. So how did I find this leak without freon one might ask? 50 psi from the air compressor via this little gem.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a shot of the exhaust all buttoned up.

Both of the rear welds have pie cuts wedged in to fill the air gap and make welding a ton easier. The front band clamps are actually for 2 3/4" piping, so they distorted when I sent the ugga duggas down the 3" side but they don't leak so I'm happy there. I still can't get over how insanely quiet the stock muffler is. I thought my bus muffler was quiet on the other dually, but this thing is insane. The cat flange has a small leak, so I ordered a Remflex gasket as that did the trick on my white truck which appears is more warped than this one. Another small item I knocked out was removing the paper clip jumper for the VSS and soldering the wires up permanently. I looped the in, the out, and the radio together so everything should be as the General intended now per my wiring diagrams.

It's now heatshrinked (heatshrunk?) and tucked away. Some non pic-worthy items include vacuuming the truck out, wiping down the not filthy dash, swapping out the radio for one that works, pressure washing the engine bay multiple times, spraying the truck itself, and a few other items that have surely slipped my mind. I should be able to have the truck in a condition tomorrow that is sufficient to put it up for sale. One more full day would be nice though as I'd like to do some logging with EFILive to confirm state of health stuff with a trailer hooked up. Maybe I'll bring the laptop to work Monday and go for a jaunt afterword.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
$8500 for a cclb dually that isn't rusty, that is a good deal.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Here in MN, if that truck goes down the road at 75 mph and doesn't have rust, i'd ask for $12-15,000.

Damn. I'd been hearing similar things out east as well. Not seeing it to that extent where I am. You've really got me thinking now.