Cassette player repair....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So Cassette's are before my time, but my 97 grandpa truck has a Caseete player and the interior is in amazing condition. I found a cassette bluetooth adapter where I oculd listen to my own music.

But...when trying to insert a cassete it played for a second then stopped and would not eject. Once I got the cassete out the metal case the cassete goes into just flops around inside the radio. Are these easy to repair or shoudl I try to find another stock working radio, really don't wanna go after market if i dont have to.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey I was born in 88, I grew up with cds lol.

Was trying to keep the truck all original, but it looks like I might as well just upgrade it all.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They sell factory Delco radios on eBay that are retrofitted with AUX ports or Bluetooth. Something to consider if you want to keep the stock look.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They sell factory Delco radios on eBay that are retrofitted with AUX ports or Bluetooth. Something to consider if you want to keep the stock look.]

My' 00 Denali still has the original cassette head deck. That's because I dont want to lose function of the single disc slave unit below, and 6 disc charger in the center console.

If they can assure that those auxiliary units will still function, I'd upgrade.

GMCTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will the cassette deck accept a bluetooth adapter like that? My 95 has a cassette player but i remember one time a friend tried to use a new fangled CD player with a cassette adapter in my truck but it just kept kicking the cassette out. I assumed that somehow my radio just knew that her music would suck and therefore refused to play it, but i later read in the manual that you can't use the CD/cassette adapter in the 95 tape deck. Maybe you should see if you can test your BT/cassette adapter on a similar vehicle first to see if it even works.
Well now i feel like busting out my Paul McCartney and Wings tapes......