Cargo Light Switch - Lighted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought a Cargo Light Switch with bezel on eBay.

I'm wanting it in the Suburban to control future trailer LEDs. Like side marker lights, but clear, to illuminate around the trailer during close quarters maneuvers.
.. .. .. & maybe a couple to illuminate the deck.

Anyway, my question is ....
Does the switch have a indicator light on the face that illuminates when the switch is turned on? ... say, like the automatic 4x4 high/low switches.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought a Cargo Light Switch with bezel on eBay.

I'm wanting it in the Suburban to control future trailer LEDs. Like side marker lights, but clear, to illuminate around the trailer during close quarters maneuvers.
.. .. .. & maybe a couple to illuminate the deck.

Anyway, my question is ....
Does the switch have a indicator light on the face that illuminates when the switch is turned on? ... say, like the automatic 4x4 high/low switches.
The one on my 1997 k1500 does not. The switch is easy to figure out if it's in though, of is flat, on is angled down. The weird thing is that if you have the dome override engaged on the headlight switch, the cargo light is off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The switches do light up. The bulbs are usually burned out since these trucks are 20+ years old. I replaced the bulb with a 3mm LED.
You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
That's how I would attempt. I really like that idea :hmm:

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think if you changed the switch backlighting wire to only have power when the cargo lamp is on. Unsure as I haven't tried that. But that's my theory.

That's what I'm thinking too. I'm not even sure if mine illuminates, I'll have to check tonight.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think if you changed the switch backlighting wire to only have power when the cargo lamp is on. Unsure as I haven't tried that. But that's my theory.

I'm liking this idea, as well.
I'd prefer an indicator of power on to remind me if I left the trailer lights on .... as I'll wire them independent of the interior lights.

itsko177

Reaction score
The switches do light up. The bulbs are usually burned out since these trucks are 20+ years old. I replaced the bulb with a 3mm LED.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hi, do you have a picture and part number for the led bulb you put in the switch?