Carb to TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigred1990

Reaction score
Alright everyone, I’m trying to revive my 1990 k1500 back from a horrible carb swap that was done about 2 summers ago. The truck has had so many reliability issues that I need to do something different. The boat I’m in is to either go back to TBI or LS Swap, I’m looking to have a decent amount of power but also reliable. I see a lot of tbi to carb threads but no carb back to tbi threads lol. I’m assuming I would need a new wiring harness from a junk truck, a new tbi system, a new intake manifold, new fuel pump and maybe a new cam just to be able to go back to tbi….

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before we can answer questions, maybe you could explain the reliability issues that you have had?

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What carb are you running? A poor quality carb will cause issues.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, anything prior to OBDII is NOT worth converting to LS. Too many wiring and computer issues to deal with.

Bigred1990

Reaction score
How big is the cam? If it's much more than factory, I'd make the jump to a Sniper or FiTech.

What fuel pump does the truck currently have?
I think it’s a factory cam, the truck as an external fuel pump.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 7

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holley demon I wanna say 650
I’ve never had good luck with demon, they had quality control issues several years back. I’ve thrown a few away.

If you want efi go with a fitech or similar.

If it was me i would buy a 650 quick fuel or brawler. Make sure you have no vacuum leaks and your timing is set correctly. A good carb will make all the difference, if you’re not familiar with carbs get a how to build Holley carb book. A lot of good info.