Carb swap wiring help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ Tanner

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new here and looking for a little help on carb swapping my pickup. It’s. Vortec 355 with a nv3500 5 speed. Fuel pressure regulator is installed but I’m needing some help on getting the fuel pump to kick on. Thanks guys.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Rewire your relay like this.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bigred1990

Reaction score
Rewire your relay like this.

You must be registered for see images attach
This is such a vague diagram lol. Where is the grey wire coming from that connects to the tan and other Grey? I’ve hooked mine up similar to this diagram and everytime I go to connect the battery it runs the pump instead of it running every time the ignition is turned on.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
the only thing your doing is modifying the relay wiring. nothing else. the green wire should trigger the on/off of the relay. This should be connected to a continuous ignition source. some circuits will turn off when starting. pick one that doesn't. The orange wire is your live wire that gets turned on/off by the green wire. black gets grounded up near the relay (needed for relay to work). IIFC the red wire was to the computer which is no longer needed. cut it and cap it.

If that doesn't help, spent 10 min with a tester and a few jumpers and see what triggers what and wire accordingly. basic two wire electrical work.

Last edited: