Carb swap transfer case question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noaht4

Reaction score
Hi I have a 98 k2500 with 454 and would like to carb swap it in the future to get rid of all the fuel injection crap. It’s push button 4x4 just wondering how that’s controlled and if it needs the pcm to control it. I know I will need a trans controller. And I don’t think the stock gauges will work unless. Someone here knows something around that? I don’t wanna hear the carburetors are crap speech because I like them better I currently daily drive a 85 Lesabre with a 4.8 that’s cammed and carbed so I know what they’re like. If someone could help that’d be great thanks

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No emissions or inspections? Being a 2500 makes difference, but some places don't care what it is, still has to pass an inspection. My state can't have check engine light on, but not always the case with a heavy duty truck. IMO, it's more BS than its worth. What is wrong with the setup now that you want a carb?

Noaht4

Reaction score
No emissions or inspections? Being a 2500 makes difference, but some places don't care what it is, still has to pass an inspection. My state can't have check engine light on, but not always the case with a heavy duty truck. IMO, it's more BS than its worth. What is wrong with the setup now that you want a carb?
Where I live it doesn’t matter I just don’t like all the little sensors and egr crap, I have found that with a good carb on it’s more reliable then the old electronics and when something does go wrong there’s only a select few things it could be. Not to mention if I ever wanted to put a cam in it or something it would simple to do with no getting the computer tuned