Car seat for my kids..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

littlemlittle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed car seats into their 1992? I have a 3.5 year old that loves riding in the truck, but I don't have a good mounting spot for the actual car seat.

I also have a 6 month old, so I'd like to install a base car seat for him too.

A friend told me in his 94 that he had order an accessory at the dealer that mounted to the floor in the back?

Please send pics and parts! My daughter loves this truck!

THanks!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm just assuming that your truck must be an extended cab. What it sounds like your friend ordered might be a carseat latch system, can't remember actual name but most bases come with their own belts and attach to a vehicle's anchor point, more common in newer cars. I never had those latches in my older trucks so I wrapped the belt down to the actual seat belt anchor an secured it there. Best position for the 6mnth old would be in the middle unless the front seats are all the way forward, again assuming it's an extended cab. Im sure theres aftermarket anchors that you can purchase then bolt them at the current seatbelts mount. You could also try googling carseat tether retrofit kits.

Something similar to pic
You must be registered for see images attach

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just use the belt for getting the car seats in. As long as they don't move and are tight you should be good.

littlemlittle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, sorry to mention, it is an extended cab. I have the 6 month old's base in the middle (strapped down with the seatbelt locked (pulled all the way out so it clicks)). I will have to look at the carseat tethers. I will find somewhere for them to mount.

I have my 3.5 year olds seat strapped in (belt that comes on seat in the back wrapped around the bottom of the back seat very tightly and she's using the passenger's seat belt as her belt, which I don't really like, but it works for now. I just want it more secure right now.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I don't have pictures but when I mounted my son's seat in my old 92 ext cab, I got a piece of c channel from Home depot then drilled holes to mount it to the seat belt reciever bolt in the middle of the back seat. Then got "d" rings for tying things down in the bed and welded one to the very center for the car seats Latch system to go over the back of the seat and down to the floor. Just use the center seatbelt thru the back of the car seat like it is made for and you will be good.