Car Gauge Pro can read CMP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverSteve

Reaction score
Thank you very much for that! I am using the BAFX, and it does connect to it in generic mode. However it will not connect the correct way. I dont know if its something wrong with mine being a 97? Or maybe a preference is wrong possibly?
Even if I could somehow add the cam retard pid to the generic mode, that would work.

SilverSteve

Reaction score
On a side note, I got lucky I think and tweaked the distributor the old fashioned way, erasing the code, counting seconds it took for the light to come on, tweaking distributor, erasing code, checking to see how long light took again,,, and so on. But it sure would be great if this code reader worked properly so I could verify.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look for CarGauge Pro on the App Store and it should have an email address for their customer support. It's obdscantech or something like that.

Lately, they've been pretty good at responding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxVortecNoob

Reaction score
I just bought this app and It says "No Pids supported" whenever I try it, I have a 97, and am not sure if it has a tune or not. What could I be doing wrong?
I'm having the same issue. It scans for valid PID's, says no PID's are supported then disconnects.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd try emailing them and seeing if they have any suggestions. I don't remember having any issue with mine.

@SilverSteve did you ever get yours to work?

Reaction score
Sorry to revive this old one... I have a 96 2500 Suburban 7.4 and need to verify cmp retard. I have Car Gauge Pro and BAFX and it only connects in generic mode. Has anybody been successful using this setup on a 96?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s weird, try emailing them to see what they suggest. There are some screenshots a few posts up, does yours not get that far?

Reaction score
That’s weird, try emailing them to see what they suggest. There are some screenshots a few posts up, does yours not get that far?

I emailed them and got a response that 96 Chevy doesn't work in enhanced mode. Downloaded DashCommand and it worked immediately.