Can't Post in Classifieds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think it was directed at you as an individual.
@df2x4 or @kennythewelder what if one of us who does have the ability to start a for sale thread does so for him? Is that a violation?
Well, yes kind of. It's a gray area. If you post it for him, then the thread would be yours and not his. This would make you reasonable for the thread. As you well know, if an issue pops up either df2x4 or myself will address it. It's a little like you selling something for a neighbor on here. It has to go through you. These rules are set up the way they are, to make it more difficult for spammers, and for the sight to not turn into a sight with mostly junk for sale. It's more of a curiosity for active members.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oof. That's rough, thanks for the clarification.
It's not that hard to get to 100 post. Just reply to threads and that counts as well. So just like I am replaying to this thread, that is another post in my favor. Welcome a few new members, reply to a few post, and you will be at 100 before you know it. As for your time, you only have 1 month left, more or less.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not that hard to get to 100 post. Just reply to threads and that counts as well. So just like I am replaying to this thread, that is another post in my favor. Welcome a few new members, reply to a few post, and you will be at 100 before you know it. As for your time, you only have 1 month left, more or less.
Yeah, I'll get there. I just don't like to reply much in most threads, as I'm still learning the GMT400 platform, so I add where I feel it can benefit, but don't want to feel like I'm spamming posts either.

Idk if I said it before, but I fully understand the reason behind the rules and I think its a smart rule. After thinking about it, I also understand the time and post count. At first I didn't but its easy to create an account and just wait a few months to start scamming. I've been scammed before on another site and it sucks. Chances are the parts truck will still be in the garage(much to my wife's dismay) by the time I reach the threshold. :Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll get there. I just don't like to reply much in most threads, as I'm still learning the GMT400 platform, so I add where I feel it can benefit, but don't want to feel like I'm spamming posts either.

Idk if I said it before, but I fully understand the reason behind the rules and I think its a smart rule. After thinking about it, I also understand the time and post count. At first I didn't but its easy to create an account and just wait a few months to start scamming. I've been scammed before on another site and it sucks. Chances are the parts truck will still be in the garage(much to my wife's dismay) by the time I reach the threshold. :Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:
You are on a forum, with grate people. You shouldn't feel intimated to post whatever you want to as long as it is respectful. If you are unsure about something just ask df2x4 or myself. We will be glad to help. You can PM either us is at any time.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, yes kind of. It's a gray area. If you post it for him, then the thread would be yours and not his. This would make you reasonable for the thread. As you well know, if an issue pops up either df2x4 or myself will address it. It's a little like you selling something for a neighbor on here. It has to go through you. These rules are set up the way they are, to make it more difficult for spammers, and for the sight to not turn into a sight with mostly junk for sale. It's more of a curiosity for active members.
Thanks for the explanation Kenny.

jgreen16

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't know any of this info either until I was looking to post a FS ad for my 1990 Silverado. I meet the time requirement with no problem, but it looks like I need to pad my post count soon to get this truck posted up. Moving soon, and sadly just won't be able to follow through on the planned restoration.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't know any of this info either until I was looking to post a FS ad for my 1990 Silverado. I meet the time requirement with no problem, but it looks like I need to pad my post count soon to get this truck posted up. Moving soon, and sadly just won't be able to follow through on the planned restoration.
Yeah, you need at least 100 post before you can post in the classified section, along with 6 months of membership.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know 100 post sounds like a lot of post, but it's to keep the spammers away. A spammer can post 50 fairly quick. The time limit also helps weed out the spammers. This issue pops up from time to time, but IMO it's not to hard to get to 100 post. I don't make the rules, I just I what I can to keep the sight flowing with out any issues.