Can't Post in Classifieds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcwren

Reaction score
I have to say, as a new member, it is frustrating. I'm looking for a fairly obscure bracket for my 4L80E, and not being able to draw on the resources of the people with parts to sell who watch the Wanted section makes it that much harder to find. I'm generally not a very active poster on forums anywhere, and trying to hit a 100 posts... Might as well be on the moon for me. I also prefer to respond to posts when I have something useful to add, which makes it even more difficult :)

I can see a more reasonable case for the requirements for people selling, but in the Wanted forum? Not so much.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have to say, as a new member, it is frustrating. I'm looking for a fairly obscure bracket for my 4L80E, and not being able to draw on the resources of the people with parts to sell who watch the Wanted section makes it that much harder to find. I'm generally not a very active poster on forums anywhere, and trying to hit a 100 posts... Might as well be on the moon for me. I also prefer to respond to posts when I have something useful to add, which makes it even more difficult :)

I can see a more reasonable case for the requirements for people selling, but in the Wanted forum? Not so much.
Sorry for an inconvenience, because of the 100 post limit. But, a reply, counts as a post. It doesn't take long to get 100 post. A few, "nice truck, good job, and questions" to something you want to know about, and your there. If you notice, there isn't a lot of spam on this sight. The limits are part of the reason why. Not to mention, @df2x4 , and myself will suqash a spammer in a heart beat. @df2x4 , and I, don't make the rules, we just do our best, to make this the very best forum for GMT 400 trucks on the net. Hope you enjoy the time you spend here.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for an inconvenience, because of the 100 post limit. But, a reply, counts as a post. It doesn't take long to get 100 post. A few, "nice truck, good job, and questions" to something you want to know about, and your there. If you notice, there isn't a lot of spam on this sight. The limits are part of the reason why. Not to mention, @df2x4 , and myself will suqash a spammer in a heart beat. @df2x4 , and I, don't make the rules, we just do our best, to make this the very best forum for GMT 400 trucks on the net. Hope you enjoy the time you spend here.
You are right on the 100 post thing... it's not that hard to hit and it is a good limit to restrict spammers. But the "It doesn't take long to get 100 posts" doesn't really matter, since you have to be a member for 6 months. I'm having a hard time with restricting a new member from being able to get parts they need for a truck for 6 months. Do we get a bunch of scammers trying to buy used GMT-400 parts??? Why?!?!

PM me what bracket you are looking for. I have a 4l80 I pulled from a 97 K2500 suburban and it's going in my squarebody, so I might have the bracket you are needing and I might not be using it.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I've been curious how exactly the full access membership worked but never put much thought into it as i went dark on here for a looonngggg time after first setting up my account. Thanks for the clarification, and thank you to 1952Chevy for asking.

Hoplite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hah, I’ve had the same thoughts before in the past. I’ve been a member since 15 but try not to post unless I have something of value to add to the conversation. I guess I need to start replying more often to the posts I read to build up the points.