Can't Post in Classifieds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I read the rules, and understand the reason behind withholding classified privileges. From my understanding reading the rules "Classifieds - You need a full access membership to post new threads in the classified section."
"Full Access - After 50 posts, 3 months or 100 rep you automatically get a full access account. This includes more PMs, bigger sig, profile and avatar pic uploads. Also custom user titles and new thread posting access to the classified section."

So from reading this, my understanding is either 50 posts, 3 months or 100 rep. Is that not the case? I have been a member since May. I only have 40 posts so far, so is it 50 posts and 3 months?

The reason I ask is I recently bought a parts truck and will be using a lot of parts, but would like to offer up anything to the community before the rest goes to the crusher. There isn't a lot left of the truck but there may be parts I am overlooking. Anyway I guess I was just looking for clarification on the rules.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The main rule post should probably be updated...

From what I understand after the recent site update the requirements for full access membership have changed. I believe the requirements are now that you've been a member for six months and made 100 posts.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What if someone becomes a "Supporting Member"? Just curious...
Still no. You must have 100 post and be a member for 6 months. We discussed that very thing when the rules changed a few months ago, just after df2x4 and I became moderator's. It was agreed at that time, that a member shouldn't be able to buy there way around the rules.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most of the members here are grate people. That is especially true for the members who have been on here for some time. The problem is those who would take advantage of the good people here. There are so many scammers out there just waiting to pounce on those who are unexpeciting it.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The main rule post should probably be updated...

From what I understand after the recent site update the requirements for full access membership have changed. I believe the requirements are now that you've been a member for six months and made 100 posts.
Oof. That's rough, thanks for the clarification.