Can't locate a steering column shroud for my 98 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
One of my pet peeves is hidden screws. I would make some overlapping plates and put some tasteful, perhaps countersunk screws in it. It would be obvious how to take it apart next time but not really noticeable.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have all the parts broken or cracked, one option i have had to undertake for damaged plastics. Many older aircraft run into the same situations. Whether from ham handed owners or the shop moron breaks aged brittle parts. And of course no new parts. So if you ever built plastic Monogram, Revell or Aurora model kits brush up your skills. High quality glues and epoxy are available for the type of plastic, PE, and others. If there are zero balance within the adjoining ten states or ebay. If push comes to shove you can try repair and rebuild. Good luck.

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering if anyone had any leads on a steering column shroud for a 98 C1500 AT. I've searched ebay, amazon, online parts suppliers, all of my local salvage yards and even called the body shop I do business with and have come up empty. It appears that this is a discontinued product and you can't get it at the dealership as well. Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.
Howdy, please tell me if this is the correct search values? If so, tell me exactly how to remove it without breaking it and I will get you one from this list, of course if available.

Last edited:

jmcb1b

Reaction score
Howdy, please tell me if this is the correct search values? If so, tell me exactly how to remove it without breaking it and I will get you one from this list, of course if available.

Hi pgutier1, I'm not 100% sure what years are compatible but I know the 1999 shroud won't fit 1998 1500 with tilt, and automatic transmission would be the best bet. I found this video. It may be something you don't want to tackle. Not sure if there's an easier way. Glad to pay you if you do decide to.