Can't locate a steering column shroud for my 98 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi pgutier1, I'm not 100% sure what years are compatible but I know the 1999 shroud won't fit 1998 1500 with tilt, and automatic transmission would be the best bet. I found this video. It may be something you don't want to tackle. Not sure if there's an easier way. Glad to pay you if you do decide to.
Brother, we have to keep these 400's going. I have had my rig for 15yrs, all my 7 kids have grown up with the beast and I will never part with her! It's not a problem, I have to go to PNP tomorrow for myself as well since they are having a sale! Is the suburban cover the same as the truck? I'm not seeing any video...?

jmcb1b

Reaction score
Brother, we have to keep these 400's going. I have had my rig for 15yrs, all my 7 kids have grown up with the beast and I will never part with her! It's not a problem, I have to go to PNP tomorrow for myself as well since they are having a sale! Is the suburban cover the same as the truck? I'm not seeing any video...?
My guess is the suburban would work.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
see if this link works.

bluetahoe

Reaction score
I had to use extra long(over 3") screws to get mine to work. About 5 months ago, I found an upper and lower at a salvage yard but the bolt bosses were cracked. I drilled them out some to accept an oversize screw. I contacted LMC since they used to carry them but their supplier quit making them. They may be trying to find another supplier. Call them and encourage them. I think I bought a new boot for the shifter from LMC???

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
99 Burb should be the same as the 95-98 pickup. It's still a 400 series. I'm on my second one, and both of them have had column work done. The plastic the housings are made from is probably ABS, I know it isn't polystyrene. As far as I know, they're all that brownish black color. All of them I've seen are. I agree about the posts breaking, they're not made very stout. The one on my Burb has a couple of cracks in it, I used super glue gel on it and put aluminum duct tape like HVAC service people use on the back side ( inside) of the housing halves when we had them off to work on the ignition switch and lock cylinder.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You mean the plastic cover that goes over the tilting portion of the column directly behind the steering wheel?

Paging @Chilledspode...

Didn't we find these on Summit Racing a while back?
Sorry - very late to the party - not sure why GMT400 has stopped emailing me when something important happens :) Yes, as I recall, I got them from Summit as per your suggestion - trying to find part numbers but not having any luck - will post if I find them. Cheers

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry - very late to the party - not sure why GMT400 has stopped emailing me when something important happens :) Yes, as I recall, I got them from Summit as per your suggestion - trying to find part numbers but not having any luck - will post if I find them. Cheers
Part numbers from Summit and I got confirmation they no longer carry them - bummer and I need to start ordering spares of everything it seems....

Summit Part #'s ADO-26036499 & ADO-26036498

jmcb1b

Reaction score
Thanks for any help