Cant get up to 45mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Electrical issue/s often will rear themselves when heat and a certain condition allows for the issue to present itself. Example....Mine (94 P30 chassis RV) reared itself twice when I would come to a stop the engine would just shut off as if someone reached over and turned key off. Pulled the distributor replaced the 'pick up coil' and inspected the reluctor carefully for crack/s (there were none). Since then (2+ years) not a single episode of shutoff. If you pull the distributor replace the pick up, coil, ICM, cap and rotor and inspect the reluctor closely. Use only AC Delco parts. Also check the shaft for excess play (side-side). I had ~57K miles on the engine at the time.

Here's a pic of the old coil...
I'll have to take a look at mine when I get it back but I could barely get to work and home. Ended taking it to the trans shop. I know for a fact my layout it slightly different though since it's a vortec. Seems like if it's not one thing it's another

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well broke down yesterday. Truck was not wanting to get up to 30mph.... long story short a mechanic and I were watching the fuel pressure as this thing losses complete power. Fuel pressure went from 50psi down to 35psi. Ordered new delphi pump and regulator but anybody have any input on this symptom? Drives normal in mornings... drives like crap in afternoons especially if idling for a long time.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well broke down yesterday. Truck was not wanting to get up to 30mph.... long story short a mechanic and I were watching the fuel pressure as this thing losses complete power. Fuel pressure went from 50psi down to 35psi. Ordered new delphi pump and regulator but anybody have any input on this symptom? Drives normal in mornings... drives like crap in afternoons especially if idling for a long time.
My Burb didn't get that bad before I changed the pump, but it was harder to get started if it was sitting more than an hour or two. Especially overnight or for a couple of days. I knew the pump was original and probably tired, but the whole truck has 214K on it....
I got a Precision brand pump from O'Reilly's; it was the only one they carry with a lifetime warranty. Delco and Delphi are just 2 years.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Burb didn't get that bad before I changed the pump, but it was harder to get started if it was sitting more than an hour or two. Especially overnight or for a couple of days. I knew the pump was original and probably tired, but the whole truck has 214K on it....
I got a Precision brand pump from O'Reilly's; it was the only one they carry with a lifetime warranty. Delco and Delphi are just 2 years.
I may have to go that route but for now I'm gonna gamble with delphi. This is the weirdest experience I ever had in this truck. It's like it's choking itself and yesterday it completely shut off..... I coasted into a median and it started right but up and drove up to 30 mph easier then it was before it died...... after the fuel pump I'm changing the injectors.... after that I'm gonna hand it over to a performance mechanic shop that has access to tunes and engines repairs.... it's just hard because I need to get to work and like the same story goes money getting tight.....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sherberto